Each year FWAG East holds a number of informative local workshops, talks and farm walks for farmers and land managers with topics ranging from resource protection to establishing successful conservation measures. At the events, our advisers are readily available to chat one-to-one and offer advice. And there’s usually some welcome refreshment on offer to boot!
Please check below for upcoming events or consider joining FWAG East for discounted invitations and regular updates from us.
TECHNICAL WORKSHOP ON COVER CROPS & SOIL HEALTH
Tuesday 9th January, 10.00am – 1.00pm, Walkern Sports & Community Centre.
FWAG East invites you to attend this FREE event which look at the benefits of cover crops for the environment and your business.
Leading industry experts will be on hand to give advice.
- Stephen Briggs, Nuffield Scholar, farmer, and head of Soil & Water at Innovation for Agriculture has over 15 years’ experience of organic systems in the UK and overseas. He will be here to talk about soil health.
- Paul Brown, Eastern Technical Adviser for Kings, will be offering advice on the different types of cover crop mixes and their successful establishment.
- Simon McMunn, from DeSangosse and the Metaldehyde Stewardship Group will be here to give advice and answer your questions on slug control.
- Rebecca Inman from FWAG East will give an introduction to the cover crop demonstration trial and will provide an update on Countryside Stewardship.
- Shaun Downham from Affinity Water will talk about the problems water companies face and the drive behind the trial.
BASIS and NRoSO points will be available.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. To book your place please call the FWAG East Office on 01223 841507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.